In this guide, we will review how to create new Inspection Requests (IR), and submit them for inspection. *Please note: Once you have saved your IR, you must use the green arrows to advance it to the next step.
For a printable Quick Start guide, click here! Quick Start: Create Inspection Requests
Create Inspection Requests
1. Log in to Inertia at https://app.inertia.systems
2. Navigate to the Inspection tab.
3. In the upper left, select New Inspection
4. Complete the required form fields to add a new inspection. These form fields include Increment, Installing Company, Basic Data, Schedule IR, and Reference.
5. Select the box shown to select files from your computer. (A) To upload multiple files, select the Add More Files (B) button. To attach existing project files, select Choose my Project Files (C)
6. To add a map location to your IR, scroll to the bottom of the "Add new Inspection" window. Select the floor plan from the folder tree (D). Use the Navigation tool (E) to move around the map, and use the Selection tool (F) to select areas for inspection.
7. When you have finished adding all required data, select the Save button in the upper right. *Please note- if you do not select Save before exiting this tool, your work will not be saved. You must select “Save” prior to advancing the IR to the next step.
8. When you have saved your IR successfully, you will receive a “Success" message as seen below.
Open an IR for QC or Inspection
Once you have saved your new IR, you must advance it to the next step. Jump to General Contractor
1. In the Inspection tab, select IR Main List.(A) Locate your IR in the list, and select the “Main IR #” to view the Inspection Request. (B)
2. In the upper right corner, select the IR to GC/QC to advance the IR. GREEN arrows move the Inspection Request forward one level, RED arrows send the Inspection Request back one level. *Please note, once you have opened the IR, you will no longer have the ability to make changes.
1. In the Inspection tab, select IR Main List (A). Locate your IR in the list, and select the “Main IR #” to view the Inspection Request. (B)
2. In the upper right corner, select the green arrow to advance the IR. GREEN arrows move the Inspection Request forward one level, RED arrows send the Inspection Request back one level.